Who is eligible to register with the Office?
Registration with the Office of Labour, Social Affairs and Family (hereinafter referred to as "the Office") is voluntary; the citizen is not statutorily obligated to be on the Jobseekers Register at the Office of LSAF but, as a voluntarily unemployed person, is obliged to pay his/her health insurance.
A citizen who is able to work, available for work and actively looking for work can be registered at the Office.
When filing a citizen in the Jobseekers Register it is established whether the citizen:
- is not a natural person (under the Labour Code), or a legal person in an employment relationship, or in an equivalent employment relation (for example, under the Commercial Code),
- does not operate or engage in self-employment,
- does not carry out gainful activity in a Member State of the EU or abroad,
- carries out gainful activity for which the wage or remuneration does not exceed the prescribed amount of 143,40 €. (The job seeker supplies the facts on the amount of wages or remuneration from gainful activity at regular monthly intervals, always for the preceding calendar month, at a date to be set by the Office employee; if the amount of wages or remuneration for carrying out gainful employment exceeds the amount of 143,40 €, the job seeker shall be removed from the register).
A citizen of the EU cannot be filed in the Jobseekers Register, where he or she:
- is pursuing compulsory school attendance, namely until the end of the academic year in which he or she reaches 16 years of age,
- is in continuous preparation for a vocation,
- is temporarily incapacitated for work,
- is entitled to maternity allowance,
- has been awarded old-age pension, or is a citizen who has been awarded invalidity pension and has reached the age required for entitlement to old-age pension,
- has been removed from the Jobseekers Register at his/her own request, or for non-cooperation with the Office - as a sanction for the duration of 3 months,
- has discontinued the operations or the engagement in self-employment, for which the Office provided a contribution, before the completion of 2 years from the start of the operations or engagement in self-employment,
- engages in self-employment in respect of which the wages or remuneration exceed the prescribed amount of 143,40 € .
If a citizen of the EU resolves that he or she wishes to be registered in the Jobseekers Register at the Office after termination of employment, he/she has to file an application for registration in the Jobseekers Register in the place of his/her permanent residence. The citizen can receive (the application form for registration directly at the Office).